Australia’s third largest city, Brisbane, the 'River City', offers fresh experiences, fresh adventures and a fresh approach to life: that's what Brisbane is all about. It's a city where the air is filled with optimism and a sense of adventure is heavy on the ground. You'll be amazed by the attractions and the diverse places to visit. You'll also be pleasantly surprised by the open and friendly attitude of the locals.
Treat yourself and the one you love and experience Brisbane as you never have before with a Hot Air Balloon Ride plus Champagne Breakfast at O'Reilly's Grand Homestead & Vineyard
from $335 per person
Includes air-conditioned coach transfers from the Manor Apartment Hotel.
Fantastic Scenic Hot Air Balloon ride followed by a full hot breakfast
at a secluded vineyard retreat, with opportunity for a cellar visit.
We Also Recommend
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
The Australian Wildlife Experience. Wander through the leafy sanctuary on the banks of the Brisbane River. Encounter marsupials including platypus, Tasmanian devils and wombats. See raptors in full flight, reptiles, feed the lorikeets and hand feed a kangaroo. Enjoy daily shows by real Aussie farmers, sheep dogs and sheep shearers. They also offer hands on encounters throughout the day with koalas, snakes, birds and more! Just 12 kilometres from the Manor Apartment Hotel. You can drive, take the bus, or enjoy a boat cruise with Mirimar on the way.
- City Sights - Hop On Hop Off
The City Sights hop on hop off tour lets you set your own pace allowing you to leave and rejoin the tour at any on the strategically placed stops around Brisbane.
Explore Mount Coot-tha Lookout and Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City Hall, Cultural Centre of Southbank, Maritime Museum and more. Your ticket also includes CityCat Travel. A great way to see the city with interesting commentary by the driver, in air-conditioned comfort.
Australia Zoo is a team of passionate conservationists working around-the-clock to deliver an animal experience like no other.
Cuddle a koala, hand-feed Asian Elephants, walk with a Sumatran Tiger and watch a crocodile launch from the waters edge. Australia Zoo is the ultimate wildlife adventure delivering conservation through exciting education.
Things to Do and See - Quick Links
Other Local Attractions
- Queen Street Shopping Mall
- City Botanic Gardens
- Queensland Art Gallery and Cultural Centre
- Gallery of Modern Arts
- Southbank Parklands
- Riverside Markets
- Queensland Museum Southbank
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
- Suncorp Stadium
- The Gabba - Brisbane Cricket Ground
- XXXX Ale House and Brewery
- Treasury Casino
- Brisbane Botanic Gardens at Mt Coot-tha
Popular places a bit further away
- Moreton Bay and Moreton Island
- North Stradbroke Island
- Australia Zoo
- Movie World
- Wet 'n' Wild
- The Gold Coast
- The Sunshine Coast
Some great ideas close to town
- Take a balloon ride
- Explore the rail museum
- Go sandboarding on South Stradbroke Island
- Feed the dolphins at Tangalooma
- Dine on the top of Mount Coot-tha
- Wine tasting at Sirromet winery
- Race at Kingston Park
For more ideas on what to do or where to go during your stay in Brisbane, please see our helpful reception staff.
100's of outstanding restaurants, coffee shops and bars are within easy walking distance of the Manor. For further information go to http://www.ourbrisbane.com/food-and-drink
To find out more about what’s on in Brisbane while you are here we recommend the following websites:
- Our website, What's on recommendations
- Brisbane What’s On http://www.ourbrisbane.com/whats-on
- Suncorp Stadium www.suncorpstadium.com.au
- The Gabba www.thegabba.org.au
- Brisbane Entertainment Centre www.brisent.com.au
- Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre www.bcec.com.au
- Gallery of Modern Art http://qag.qld.gov.au
- Queensland Performing Arts Centre www.qpac.com.au
With the Queen Street Mall and Edward Street shopping precinct only minutes away, the Manor Apartments is the ideal place to stay for city shopping.
Food, Fashion, Health & Beauty and much more
Woolworths and Coles supermarkets are within walking distance. Ask reception for directions.
Art and Craft Markets
South Bank Art and Craft Markets,
Little Stanley Street & Stanley Street Plaza.
Fridays 5pm to 10pm, Saturday 11am to 5pm and Sunday 9am to 5pm.
The Valley Markets,
Brunswick Street Mall and Chinatown, Fortitude Valley 8am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday.
Riverside Centre and Eagle Street Pier
Sunday 8am to 4pm.
Visiting Gold Coast
Take a drive to the Gold Coast
- Visit the theme parks - Movieworld, Seaworld, Dreamworld, Wet and Wild
- Go for a drive to Mt Tamborine
- Feed the birds at O’reillys or Currumbin
- Go whale watching
- Take a drive to Byron Bay
- Discover a dinosaur egg in the Lamington National Park
Visiting Sunshine Coast
Head to the Sunshine Coast
- Visit Australia Zoo
- Shop the Eumundi Markets (Wednesdays and Saturdays)
- Climb the Glasshouse Mountains
- Noosa and beaches
- Learn about ginger at the Ginger Factory
At the Manor Apartments we have partnered with other local businesses to enhance your experience in Brisbane
- Goodlife Fitness Centre www.goodlifehealthclubs.com.au
- Pure Indulgence Health & Beauty www.pureindulgence.com.au
- Brazillian Beauty www.brazilianbeauty.com.au/index.html
- Secure Parking
- Queens Plaza