The Queensland Museum plays host to the FREE Lost Creatures exhibition which opens on Friday the 13th of December and introduces you to some of Queensland’s long-lost inhabitants, including dinosaurs, giant marine reptiles and megafauna. Meet some of our state’s inhabitants from millions of years ago and marvel at their diversity and immense size. Find out about the challenges they faced at a time of great upheaval and change.
Featuring some of our most significant fossil finds, our famous Muttaburrasaurus reconstruction and new 3D modelling of Queensland dinosaurs, this is a larger than life exhibition you won’t want to miss!
Things To See & Do-
- New 3D digital models of dinosaurs and megafauna
- A full-size reconstruction of a Rhoetosaurus hind leg (over 2 metres tall!)
- Sections of dinosaur footprints from Lark Quarry that have never been displayed before
- Multimedia displays showing selected Queensland dinosaurs at their full size
- Touchable fossil of an unidentified marine reptile
The Queensland Museum is located on the Corner of Grey and Melbourne Streets, South Bank and is easily accessible via bus, train or the CityCat ferry. If you are staying at The Manor Apartment Hotel Brisbane the Eagle Street Pier ferry stop is the closest and is about a 5 minute stroll away. Our friendly staff will be more than happy to give you directions and can also fill you in on plenty of other things to do while you are at South Bank!