With December in full swing and the New Year quickly on its heels those hot days and balmy nights can be satisfied in so many ways with the plethora of things to see and do at South Bank, Brisbane. Missing out on spending at least a few of your summer days here is like forgetting to throw some snags on the barby, it just a 'must do' experience and the best part about is most of these experiences are FREE..
- Cool off in Streets Beach or take the kids to the interactive Aquativity water play-park area
- Take a stroll along the Arbour, Brisbane’s iconic flowering Bougainvillea walkway winding its way through the heart of South Bank
- Learn about Brisbane native flora and fauna along the Rainforest Walk
- Relax with a good book along the Clem Jones Promenade
- Bring a packed picnic basket to enjoy with family and friends
- Have a BBQ at one of the facilities scattered throughout the Parklands
- Enjoy some playtime at Picnic Island or Riverside GreenUNFOLD on a deck chair on Little Stanley Street lawns
- Kick a ball or throw a frisbee around the Cultural Forecourt
- Visit the Formal Gardens to see the Confucius statue, a cultural monument gifted to South Bank
- Take in the views of the Brisbane River and city from River Quay green
- Hire a CityCycle bike and take in all the sights and sounds
Visit the official South Bank website for MANY more ideas and don't forget the red CityHopper ferry provides a FREE transport to and from South Bank beginning at North Quay and going upstream to Sydney Street. The Manor Apartment Hotel Brisbane can be best accessed from the Eagle Street stop and is about a 5 minute stroll away making it the perfect base for you and the family as you enjoy Brisbane these summer holidays!