Tamborine Mountain Day Trip
Tamborine Mountain is like discovering gold, this beautiful and picturesque hinterland region is part of Brisbane’s Scenic Rim and is only an hour from Brisbane making for a great day trip.
There’s lots for everyone to enjoy including shopping, national parks, galleries, cafes and more all within the surrounds of a quaint mountain top village.
There are six sections of trails in Tamborine National Park, most tracks are easy and range from easy 30minute walk on the Cedar Creek Falls Track or Macdonald Rainforest Circuit or Curtis Falls, Joalah section or for longer walks with easy to moderate sections head to Palm Grove Rainforest Circuit, Sandy Creek Circuit, Witches Falls Circuit or Chase Tracks. For strollers and wheelchair access see Cedar Creek Falls tracks.
Mount Tamborine is home to a magnificent Botanic Gardens set on 11 hectares. The Gardens are abundant with exotic species as well as natural rainforest plants of the mountain, the mountain is 500 metres above sea level and less humid than the coastal regions. In Spring you will be in awe of the stunning blossoming Cherry treeing walk, roses, azaleas and the wisteria covered pergola. All the season bring something special out in the gardens due to clever seasonal planting and planning.
Mount Tamborine village is a popular tourist destination and a hive of activity, visit the Gallery Walk shopping precinct for an exciting number of shops with a full range original artworks, jewellery, clothing, pottery, ceramics, antiques, glassworks, sculptures and paintings. You will also find art galleries, wineries, restaurants, cafes, gift and the old fashioned sweet shop.
10 More Things To Do
- Tamborine Mountain Distillery for taste testing, gifts and purchases of award winning liquers, vodkas, schnapps and eaux-de-vie.
- Visit Fortitude Brewing Company for boutique beers as well as cheeses by Witches Chase Cheese Company.
- Jasmin Aromatique, Australis largest certified organic skincare farm and manufacturing facilities
- Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk, an innovative way to take in the stunning rainforest
- Thunderbird Park, adventure park with lots of natural attractions bush walks, rock pools, tree top challenge, mini golf, horse trail ride, laser skirmish
- Mount Tamborine Winery and Homestead, offering high tea morning and afternoon for an indulgent food experience
- Granny Macs Fudge Store and Café for unforgettable fudge
- Escarpment Retreat & Day Spa for a decadent massage
- Take a TOUR
- Go to a LOCAL EVENT
Many companies offer a unique range of TOURS to Mount Tamborine with transfers available from Brisbane and self drive options available. To get the most out of your mountain experience try some of these tours, wine tasting, 4WD Bush, A Hot Air Balloon Ride and Breakfast, Glow Worm Cave, Rainforest Adventure and much more.
- Green Shed Produce Market Tamborine Mountain, 7am-12 noon EVERY Sunday
- Tour de Tamborine Mountain Sports Festival 2016, 18th – 20th November
- Tamborine Mountain Orchestra 2016, 4th December
- Tamborine Mountain Show Carnival 2017, 18th March
For past events and annual events see What’s On at Tamborine Mountain
There’s lots to see and do on Tamborine Mountain for a full and exciting day out.
Book your Brisbane accommodation at the Manor Apartment Hotel in the CBD, grand and spacious hotel rooms and apartments make for a relaxing Brisbane stay; guests also receive complimentary breakfast daily. For rates and bookings CLICK HERE