10 Ideas To Do This Summer
It’s summer time in Brisbane, here’s 10 top ideas to keep you entertained in and around the city!
- Live Music in the Park – with the balmy evenings why not make the most of it and head for a night of outdoor music. Riverstage hosts local, national and international acts as well as family and community events and is Brisbane’s iconic outdoor entertainment venue, located on the Brisbane River in the City Botanic Gardens. Visit What’s On at Riverstage for upcoming events.
- Kayak the Brisbane River – Riverlife Brisbane offer great kayaking tours and packages, a guided kayaking adventure allows you to enjoy the beautiful Brisbane river as well as see the city sights from the water. You might also like to try Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Rock Climbing, Segway Tours, Abseiling plus other great adventures.
- Cool off with Gelato – Gelatissimo in Brisbane’s CBD, their gelato is made fresh in-store, no artificial colours of flavours just good old fashioned artisan gelato. Shop 3, The Pavilion cnr Albert &, Queen St, Brisbane City
- Love Sport? – Check out Brisbane’s Summer of Live Sport, cricket, basketball, tennis, soccer, rugby union and baseball we have it all
- North Stradbroke Island – Take a day trip to North Stradbroke, just 40minute drive from the CBD and 25 or 50 minute ferry. With white sandy beaches, freshwater lakes, dining and more find out about the village atmosphere on North Stradbroke Island
- Rooftop Bars – Visit one of Brisbane’s iconic rooftop bars, it’s a great way to enjoy an evening out
- The Sleeping Beauty – brought to you by the Australian Ballet, 24 February – 4 March 2017. Go on an enchanting fairytale adventure
into the world of fairies, bluebirds, nymphs and roses. Get TICKETS
- Spring Hill Baths – visit Brisbane’s first in-ground pool, built in 1886 it is heritage listed. Boasting classic changing rooms, grandstand
steating and old world charm, the 25 metre indoor pool is heated and has a kiosk. Spring Hill Baths
- Get Juicy – Visit FJ’s Fresh Juice for the real deal, made from the best quality fruits and vegetables, they also serve fruit cups and frozen yoghurt. Myer Centre Shop KE01, Level E, 91 Queen St Brisbane
- Streets Beach – You don’t have to go far for a trip to the beach in Brisbane, Streets Beach at South Bank Parklands is our very own iconic inner-city man-made beach. Boasting a sparkling lagoon surrounded by white sandy beaches and tropical sub-plants and it’s patrolled all year round by lifeguards. Come and check is out and cool down this summer!